NICKER HILL, KEYWORTH
A High Quality Housing Development
Indicative artist’s impression
The site is identified in Rushcliffe Borough Council’s emerging Local Plan Part 2 as suitable for around 150 new homes as part of the 13,150 new homes that are required to be delivered Borough-wide between 2011 and 2028. It is also identified as a ‘preferred housing site’ in the recently made Keyworth Neighbourhood Plan which sets out how Keyworth should grow and improve over the next decade.
We are preparing a planning application which will include detailed technical evidence setting out mitigation measures and demonstrating that the proposals are acceptable in terms of highways, visual amenity, landscape, environment and drainage. We welcome your feedback into the emerging proposals so that we can seek to take this into account as we prepare the masterplan for submission.
The key aims for the site include:
- Delivering a high-quality mix of new homes to help first time buyers, growing families and those who want to downsize as well as providing affordable housing
- Supporting the local economy, helping the next generation stay in Keyworth, with additional residents’ spend helping to boost local shops and businesses
- Contributing towards local education and healthcare provision, as well as transport improvements, as required to accommodate the development
- Retaining and connecting to public rights of way and providing new walking and cycling routes
- Delivering a traditional, attractive development which reinforces the character of Keyworth, setting back the larger homes on Nicker Hill to reflect local context
- Ensuring good design with homes set in ample green and open spaces, as well as boosting habitat foraging opportunities on the site
- Providing allotments or a play park for local children
EMERGING CONCEPT MASTERPLAN